On 31 December 2013 14:34, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)
<shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net> wrote:
> on 12/30/2013 at 03:29 PM, Tony Harminc <t...@harminc.net> said:
>
>>It seems plausible that at least some of the code would be common
>>with other platform implementations.
>
> Are you talking about BookManager/READ? That's not what's under dispute.

I'm not aware of any dispute. The OP asked about "JAVA Bookie". An
IBMer posted a link to the supposedly "Java-based" softcopy reader for
Linux. I pointed out that the core processing is not Java (and
therefore is not portable by the user), but rather is i86 binaries. I
guessed that those are written in C, but it's just a guess; I haven't
examined them. Out of the blue you then said "There are BookManager
products on windoze, but I'm not aware of any that accept DCF,
BookMaster or BookManager tags", which may well be true, but which as
far as I can see is wholly irrelevant to the discussion.

Perhaps some post of yours that would clarify what you're trying to
say has gone into thin air...

Happy New Year.

Tony H.