From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Ed Gould
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 1:47 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Scary Sysprogs

On Jan 6, 2014, at 12:44 PM, Nathan J Pfister wrote:
> ------------------------
> SNIP___________________________________________
> That said, maybe I was just fortunate that I found my internship and
> first post-college job within the Federal Government in which it is
> nearly impossible to get fired, thus making change and new
> ideas/people not as much of a threat as in private industry.

Nathan:

There are private sector companies that are similar (almost impossible to get
fired).
The cream does not rise to the top as the good people leave faster than one can
get used to.
The bad stifles all creativity and what is left is a garbage dump.

SO I can only imagine what a government place is like and doubly wanting to
stay away from such places.

Ed