The IBM http server should be set up with a surrogate user id to limit
access
to resources.  We use the default PUBLIC surrogate id in our shop.  So you

could have security issues if you are set up similarly as the surrogate id

should not be uid(0).  You can also turn trace on in your CGI script.
The resulting output in your browser is ugly but it may give you a clue
as to what's happening.

Jim Holloway - MetLife

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 16:30, jan de decker Wrote
>Date:    Wed, 29 Jan 2014 16:30:00 +0100
>From:    jan de decker <jan.je...@gmail.com>
>Subject: Compiled rexx program runs native in OMVS but not as CGI
>
>Hi list,
>
>I am trying to set up a zOS HTTP server that uses compiled Rexx programs
as
>CGI.
>
>Example:
>
>A Rexx program runs as CGI when interpreted
>
>After compilation with the REXXOEC procedure it runs when directly
invoked
>from within OMVS
>
>When itrying to invoke the same compiled program from HTML the browser
>stays connecting and eventually times out.
>
>An interpreted Rexx in the same directory runs as CGI.
>
>The HTML points to the same path for both programs.
>
>The HTTP server runs with UID(0) and without user authentication. This
will
>changed after I get a working prototype.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>j@n
The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the
intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the
message.