From:   "Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)" <shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   01/31/2014 12:45 PM
Subject:        Re: Work Station Agent using Windows 7
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

In <blu168-w9636e0fd4109c22524dd70a1...@phx.gbl>, on 01/31/2014
   at 01:21 PM, Dave Salt <ds...@hotmail.com> said:

>Are you saying you can edit PC files on the mainframe without the WSA
>being active?

As I read it, he wants to edit z/OS files, not PC files. What is not
clear to me is whether he wants to use the ISPF/PDF EDIT on the
mainframe files or whether he wants to use some PC editor on them.
I've never tried the later, but it's been supported for a long time.

That said, the WSA does support using ISPF/PDF EDIT on PC files, but I
don't believe that to be what the OP is asking about.