From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2014 11:37 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Re : JES2 / TCP/IP Network Printer Definitions....

I guess I need to get some more understanding of what you are trying to
connect to JES2 via TCPIP.

What is the type of network printer?  Have you verified it can be done this
way?

The reasons I ask is VPS software is made to handle what JES2 cannot do
natively. So I am just trying to verify this is something that JES2 can do.

Next,

Unless your RACF/SAF group has provided something like a Default UID, your
NETSRVx will require an OMVS segment to do this.

I have also found this APAR which may be helpful.  It is very long and
detailed on NETSRV

OA19215: INCORRECT DOC FOR DEFINING NETSRV USERID TO OMVS

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1OA19215

The Defining a NETSRV sub-section is contained within the the Special
considerations for TCP/IP NJE section and should
read:

  Special considerations for TCP/IP NJE
  Controlling TCP/IP NJE networking is similar to controlling
  SNA networking. In addition to VTAM, it is necessary to start
  TCP/IP in order to communicate using TCP/IP. TCP/IP NJE # configurations
also require that a JES2 SOCKET statement be
  defined which specifies the IP address and port (typically 175
  or 2252) that will be used by both the local node and the
  partner node. The IP address and port used by the local node # must then
be specified on a SOCKET statement associated with # the NETSRV in order for
JES2 to listen for TCP connections.
| The sockets LOCAL and LOCALTLS are defined automatically by
| JES2 initialization and default to listening on all IP
  addresses and TCP/IP stacks associated with the MVS image. For
  definitions regarding the partner node, it is necessary to
  know the IP name or address of the  partner node, either as a
| symbolic name (such as wash.ibm.com) or as an explicit
  address in either dotted decimal format (for  IPv4) or
  hex-colon format (for IPv6). You can also increase  security
  in your network by using SSL or TLS across this NJE link.
| For more information, see Application Transparent -  Transport
  Layer Security (AT-TLS) data protection in z/OS
  Communications Server: IP Configuration Guide.

| Setting up TCP/IP
  Before implementing NJE/TCP, you need to set up TCP/IP on your
  MVS system.  If you are already using TCP/IP for other
  applications, there are a few additional definitions required
| to enable JES2 to perform NJE/TCP.  Your security administrator should
| determine the actual values to use for the example below.  For more
| information, see the z/OS Security Server RACF Security
| Administrator's Guide and z/OS UNIX System Services Planning
| documentation.
#
# Check the buffer sizes defined in your TCP/IP definitions.
  In particular, you must set the TCPCONFIG MAXRECVBUFRSIZE
  and RECVBUFRSIZE parameters to at least 512, and ideally
  set them to a value of 32768 or higher.

  The NJE/TCP implementation also supports virtual IP
  addresses (VIPA addresses), and the use of sysplex
  distributor to share IP addresses throughout a SYSPLEX.
  There is no additional JES2 setup to take advantage of
  either of these features other than to specify the
  appropriate IP address or host name on the SOCKET

Lizette

JES2.

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN