From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Ed Finnell
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2014 2:57 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Re : JES2 / TCP/IP Network Printer Definitions....

LPD dsname (host host_name prt printer_name

or from JCL:

//NPRT1 OUTPUT DEST='IP:prt-ip_addr',CHARS=(GT12)
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=A,OUTPUT=(*.NPRT1)

 DEST=destination
The destination subparameter for JES2 is one of the following:
LOCAL|ANYLOCAL
'IP:ipaddr'

Few  years back we'd just gotten first big cutsheet 2150(?) printer and
found  that certain sequences of print from MVS and VM would cause microcode
to  reboot the  KYOCERA engine. Had been on the phone to Boulder and was
making progress.
Called  in to see where we were and no answer. Asked SE to check. 'Yep big
hail  storm in Boulder roof  collapsed on several buildings-be a while
before they're answering phone  again.'

In a message dated 2/2/2014 10:40:56 A.M. Central Standard Time,