From: "Greg Price" <greg.pr...@optushome.com.au>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:09:54 AM
Subject: Re: Number of entries in the TIOT

On 6/02/2014 6:02 AM, Ed Finnell wrote:
> It is in LSQA,  key zero if I remember correctly.

Well, actually, key one, subpool 236
which is "private high" but not LSQA strictly speaking.

That is, I claim it is possible to take a page fault when
scanning the TIOT of a swapped in address space.
(No page faults are possible when accessing GETMAINed
subpool 255 storage of a swapped in address space.)

The TIOT subpool is taken from JSCBSWSP.
This is all from the Data Areas book.
(Book hints at subpool 237, but for my TSO session it is 236.)

BTW, re the XTIOT thread - the guts of an XTIOT
entry is the same as a TIOT entry, but XTIOT
entries are allocated in isolation as required.
(ie. They are not in a contiguous block like the TIOT.)
I expect someone already covered that.

*Danger!*  Possibly annoying free software plug follows!

If you go to
http://www.prycroft6.com.au/REVIEW/
and download the z/OS executables for
REVIEW Release 44.2
and make it a runnable TSO command,
then you can issue
REV 'ACTIVE'
to view your virtual storage.  Issue
L 21C%+C%
to view your TIOT and you will see the 3rd screen line has:
KEY 1    SUBPOOL 236  OWNED BY IEESB605

You should be able to get the same information from IPCS
using a similar method, perhaps using the WHERE subcommand.

Cheers,
Greg

---
is active.