It seems odd to me the defaults for the CATLG_ERR failjob and errormsg are NO.
In my tests with an ALLOC specified but CATLG_ERR not specified, I do get the
IEF377I message anyway.  Also, the failjob=yes option does not change the
condition code and does not abnormally end the job.

Basically we are wanting to detect the NOT CAT 2's and flag the job for repair.
 I am also looking at using MPF exits or the general IEAVMXIT.  Trying to allow
for multiple exits and how to specify them.