John McKown writes:
>But it does not refute the "z/OS is hard to get data out of"
>thoughts because it induces the "see, if data access on z/OS
>were easy, we'd have access to _current_ data and not need to
>be doing all this data duplication into an easy to access
>system like MS SQL Server".

As I suspect you're already aware, there are many industry standard ways to
access current, live VSAM data from arbitrary desktop tool X and/or
application server Y. Unfortunately none of those methods are available in
combination with infinite organizational inertia. I'm not a miracle
worker. :-)

Timothy Sipples
GMU VCT Architect Executive (Based in Singapore)
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com