I heard only the M$ variation.

Kees.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Dale R. Smith
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2014 19:01
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Sysplex Common Time Source

On Sat, 8 Feb 2014 20:27:09 +0800, Timothy Sipples <sipp...@sg.ibm.com> wrote:

>Shane opines:
>>Bloody typical.
>
>I posit that my reply was detailed, helpful, truthful, and complete.
>I'll leave it at that.

>---------------------------------
>Timothy Sipples
>GMU VCT Architect Executive (Based in Singapore)
>E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com

Reminds me of an old joke, (of which there are several variations):    :-)>

A small, 14-seat plane is circling for a landing in Atlanta.  It's totally
fogged in, zero visibility, and suddenly there's a small electrical fire in the
cockpit which disables all of the instruments and the radio.  The pilot
continues circling, totally lost, when suddenly he finds himself flying next to
a tall office building.

He rolls down the window (this particular airplane happens to have roll-down
windows) and yells to a person inside the building, "Where are we?"

The person responds "In an airplane!"

The pilot then banks sharply to the right, circles twice, and makes a perfect
landing at Atlanta International.

As the passengers emerge, shaken but unhurt, one of them says to the pilot,
"I'm certainly glad you were able to land safely, but I don't understand how
the response you got was any use."

"Simple," responded the pilot.  "I got an answer that was completely accurate
and totally irrelevant to my problem, so I knew it had to be the IBM building."

--
Dale R. Smith

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286