... actually, drop the last line "ELSE SET MAXCC EQ 8" otherwise it will return CC=08 if "Print indataset( empty filea)" ends with CC=00 :-(

CM Poncelet wrote:

Try this:

Print indataset( empty filea) If MAXCC ne 0 THEN DO
         SET MAXCC EQ 0
Print indataset(emptyfb) If MAXCC ne 0 then set maxcc = 8 Else Set maxcc = 0
       END /* IF */
    ELSE SET MAXCC EQ 8

Not sure whether this is what you want to achieve, but it should return a CC=00
if either 'filea' or 'fb' is printable - else it should return CC=08.

Micheal Butz wrote:

I understand but take a look at this

Print indataset( empty filea) If lastcc ne 0 Print indataset(emptyfb) If lastcc ne 0 then set maxcc = 8 Else Set maxcc = 0

If both files are empty the condition code should be 8
But I always get 0 from the IDCAMS step

Sent from my iPhone