From:   "John McKown" <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   03/21/2014 12:04 PM
Subject:        Re: SMS Question
Sent by:        "IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

My first guess is that the STORCLAS associated with the data set being
restore had the GUARANTEED SPACE attribute. Either remove that from the
STORCLAS or in the restore parameters include a VOLUME(*) parameter to
override the volume that DFDSS wants to use.

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Nathan J Pfister
<npfis...@aessuccess.org>wrote:

> Hello;
>
> I am relatively new to SMS, and rather ignorant (read: uneducated) about
> how it fully works.  I'm learning more and more by reading, but I've hit
> an issue which I can't find a quick solution to using google or finding
in
> the manuals.
>
> We just set up a new SANDBOX system, and set up SMS from scratch.  When
we
> dump with ADRDSSU some datasets (from a production lpar) to be restored
> the Sandbox LPAR, we are getting errors where it is trying to select the
> volume that it came from (which is not online on the Sandbox). Shouldn't
> SMS be choosing a volume based on the ACS routines of the Sandbox
system?

> What are we missing?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Thanks;
>
> Nathan Pfister
> zOS Systems Programmer
> AES\PHEAA - Tech Services
> npfis...@aessuccess.org
> This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
for
> the above addressees only.  If you
> receive this message in error please delete or destroy this message
and/or
> attachments.
>
> The sender of this message will fully cooperate in the civil and
criminal
> prosecution of any individual engaging
> in the unauthorized use of this message.

There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown