In <4922808670825025.wa.paulgboulderaim....@listserv.ua.edu>, on
03/23/2014
   at 10:58 AM, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> said:

>The question makes no sense;

I''m not asking a question; I'm pointing out a false analogy. "TCP/IP,
in contrast, is blessedly tolerant." makes no sense.

>a server listens on a port

And an SNA application on a host opens an ACB for a specific LU.

>Give me more details of what you're asking me to try.

I'm asking in what sense TCP/IP is more tolerant than SNA. It's
certainly not in the ability to run multiple applications on the same
host, since SNA does that as well as TCP/IP does.