The current thread about reflexivity reminds me of an old program we tested in
the mid-70's, before NJE, that was called the Iowa Workstation. It was a
modification from the University of Iowa of the HRTPB360 program that came with
JES2, that allowed it to run as a task on MVS instead of on an RJE station, so
the MVS system could appear as an RJE station to another system, or to itself.
I'm not sure if we ever used it to connect to a separate system, certainly not
on a regular basis, but we must have tested it by connecting it to the same
system it was running on, presumably using bisync. Maybe someone here will
correct me, saying No, that would not be possible with bisync.

I was able to find a later version of it from ORNL that included modifications
by Jack Schudel, on the CBTTAPE JES2 page, in files 18 and 19.

Bill