Warning: It has really be a long time I have worked with AFP and have now some
experience with VPS.

So, take my comments with a little pinch of salt. ;-)

Ed Gould wrote:

>I am *ASSUMING* that VPS cuts type 6 records (SMF).

Yes, your assumption is sort of correct, because it is JES2 which writes out
SMF 6 for VPS, before VPS grabs the output. You ALSO specify a custom SMF
record to be written out by VPS itself.

But it depends on the type of printouts. For Line, yes, you will see a font
name there [ on SMF 6 ]. For Page, AFP for example, you will not see font name.

> Unless there are multiple fonts per page all bets are off.

Perhaps, but we let the users specify their own default font [as entered/setup
on their own printers] as a substitute for z/OS + VPS own font.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht