At 12:02 -0400 on 04/13/2014, you wrote about Re: Testing (was 'Tesing') A SubSystem Initialization Routi:%0D

I'm not quite sure what Robert Rosenberg means by a 'static location',
but a sequence of directed loads to tghe same reused storage obtained
once dynamically would meet your needs.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA

What I was attempting to say was that when you initially set up the SubSystem the Initialization routine is in memory at location X. This address is remembered and stored into the control block for that SS. There is no way to replace the Init routine with another - Even loading another routine into the LPA will not update the address in the control block (even though a search of the LPA will return the address of the new copy).

My idea was that the Init Routines that is referenced by the SS control block does NOT contain the actual Init Code but only a LOAD of it followed by a Branch to the LOAD'ed copy followed by a DELETE. I assume that the ABEND will reduce the load count from 1 to 0 so the next LOAD will locate the replacement copy of the corrected routine (which was placed into the LPA via a CSVDLYPA routine call). This will overcome the inability to associate a new Init Routine with the SS Init Interface since it will always be the same routine at the same location. That code is a Top-Hat/Glue to the latest version of the routine.