On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 13:24:26 -0500, Mark Zelden wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 16:46:44 -0700, Ed Jaffe wrote:
>>On 4/11/2014 1:11 PM, George, William wrote:
>>> I received an off list email from Attachmate who stated that after speaking
>>> with their support group , Extra doesn't have the ability to define custom
>>> screen sizes.   :(
>>
>>No custom screen sizes?! Doesn't sound very "X-treme" to me. ;)

But which "X-treme" are they thinking of?  (Some would call it "mean".)
In this area, x3270 offers better performance/price.

>... I don't like the "white space" on ISPF option 6 ...

On one of these lists lately someone kindly informed me that panel ISRTSOA
avoids the "white space" problem.  At the limit of my skill, I copied ISRTSOA
renamed it ISRTSO, and added a comment.  ISRTSOA has the lesser (IMO)
drawback (IMO) of retaining the command after it has been issued (I could
always have retrieved it).

> (which I use rarely anyway), ...

But is there an alternative?

Why is all this so maddeningly hard!?  (I ask from the perspective of one
accustomed to resizing a browser window by dragging on a handle and
having the display suitably adjust, effortlessly.)

-- gil