Anthony,

If you have DB2 in that plex, I would think twice (or thrice) about increasing
the resmil value, as DB2 does heavy enqueue activity.  I remember one
presentation (I think it was at share or maybe another conference), where
someone from IBM GRS presented the following item:

Company A implemented GRS Star and opened a ticket with ibm as a db2
application, that normally ran 9 hours, ran in just a few minutes, so they were
sure something had gone wrong.  Working with ibm, they went through testing,
first back on GRS RING and the default of RESMIL=10.  Result: the application
ran 9 hours

IBM had them change to RESMIL(1) (or maybe 0) and the elapsed time dropped to
90 minutes

Change to GRS Star, and the application ran in 9 minutes.

Just an example of the impact of the RESMIL setting (and even of what GRS Star
can give (yes it does require the Coupling Facility).

Peter