Hi Brian,
Since you do mention HZR (Runtime Diagnostics), I have to say that I strongly
recommend folks start using it!  It is a great function that costs practically
nothing to set up and run.  If you want to look at some important system
conditions extremely quickly and with a very low overhead, it is perfect.  And
for newer people to platform, it can be particularly helpful.   At SHARE I've
heard of additional functions that have been suggested for it even.

If you don't want to have PFA (which I view as an entirely different subject),
still consider running HZR.  PFA can exploit HZR if it's there.  I find that
several folks think that HZR is either a hard prereq for PFA, or *only* has
value when using PFA.  Both of those aren't true.

Give HZR a shot...  It certainly won't be a big investment in time, and then
see what you think.

-Marna WALLE
z/OS System Build
IBM Poughkeepsie