Different fora often have quite different atmospheres.  This one, for
example, is characterized by topic drift, which some find
objectionable and others---I am among them---do not.

I did look through all of the questions that have so far been raised
in this new StackExchange forum.  They are not qualitatively different
from those discussed here.  Their discussion does seem to be more
focused, with less repetition and irrelevance and notably fewer
otherwise vacuous "me too" contributions; but this discussion is not,
or not yet at least, of any higher quality.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA