Hi,

I have tried initiating IPL step 3 times. But in each time, the Operating
systems messages panel shows the "message interface unavailable"  message only.
No other messages displaying in the screen.

In the Guide,
Under Restore topic, the below line is mentioned as a note.

          "Depending on the version of ICKDSF you used, you may need to IPL the
tape drive to get to the
           correct location of the DFDSS program"

They just mentioned the ICKDSF version in the highlighted manner. But they
didnt specify the link between the Version and IPL process particularly. I mean
whether its related to count(no of ipl) or something else(thru some command etc)