From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:03 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SSH connectivity with OMVS

You need to install IBM's OpenSSH. It is freely licensed.
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/features/unix/ported/openssh/ . This is
the only SSH server that I am aware of for z/OS. In addition, I would
_strongly_ suggest that you download and install the freely licensed Co:Z
toolkit from Dovetailed Software. It contains a number of extremely nice
features. It also builds on OpenSSH to allow sftp (not ftps, that's
different) to access z/OS legacy data sets and the JES SPOOL. The sftp which
comes with OpenSSH only supports access to z/OS UNIX files.

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:24 AM, Mainframe Mainframe < mainframe1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>           We are using z/OS 1.13 system and now customer requirement
> is to connect to OMVS using SSH. Do I need to install IBM porting
> toolkit to make this ssh connection work or any other way to solve this
> connectivity issue.

There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It
is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing
or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error,
please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic
personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose
such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which
you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from
Key
send an e-mail to mailto:dnereque...@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in
the
SUBJECT line.