I believe ACF2 is started as a subsystem. I know RACF is.  Look in
SYS1.PARMLIB(IEFSSN**).

<snip>
I've recently had cause to look into how CA-ACF2 gets started very early in the
system initialization process. It apparently gets started by the CA Common
Services (CCS) component but, as far as I can tell, this processing occurs
before the CAS9 address space (PGM=CAIRIM) starts.

CA documentation refers to two members of PARMLIB (i.e. CAISECnn and CAIACFnn)
which, among other things, may be used to start up ACF2. It took a lot of
research to figure out what (program) is reading those members and how it gets
control. I stumbled across a mechanism that I was not aware of; I believe that
it belongs to RACF.

I'm hoping that some of you may be able to elaborate on the information I have
so far, which is as follows:

MSTJCLnn starts PGM=IEEMB860
The Master Scheduler apparently ATTACHes PGM=ICHALTSP (which then runs in the
*MASTER* address space) CA has intercepted this by assigning alias=ICHALTSP to
their LMOD (in CAW0LINK) called CCSALTSP Hence, the Master Scheduler starts CCS
(via EP=ICHALTSP)
> LMOD=CAMSIPLX is invoked, which somehow starts CAMSINIT (aka CAMASTER)
I believe that it is the aforementioned process that builds an SSCVT for CA
products, reads CA PARMLIB members and, if specified, starts ACF2.

As you can see, the information I currently have is sparse and mostly
conjecture. Can somebody please add to the above outline and/or correct errors?
</snip>