Hello all -

Have a client with a two cluster TS7740 grid with TS3500 backstore. All
but 6TB of 600TB of tape resides in the backstore, and time in cache for a
given vtape is about a week.

Client is migrating data centers - has purchased duplicate config for
their new location, and we're adding those to the existing grid to affect
the replication.

Boxing up the physical cartridges and overnighting is not in play for
reasons I'm not privy to. We're having to engineer a way to do this via
copy consistency on the grid.

Trying to figure out a largely hands-off way to get a vtape loaded to
cache from the backstore such that it will trigger a pull from the
destination cluster via copy consistency settings and then force it off
the cache when done. And of course, I have to throttle this in a way that
I don't fill the cache in a manner that an unacceptable number of
production mounts are pulled from the backstore.

Bonus functionality would be to get this to load all vtapes stored on a
single 3592 so I'm not hanging/reading the same cartridge multiple times.

I can't see a way to make this happen via LIBRARY commands,  Sitting in
front of a browser clicking on the TS7740 MI's and doing this manually has
little appeal, but I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions would be most welcome
and appreciated.

Joe Ogle
Senior Systems Consultant
Baer Consulting, Inc