John Eells wrote:

>I can't recall how this works under REXX, so...do you have WTPMSG turned on in
>your TSO/E profile?

He really needs to do that for diagnosis.

Something like this CLIST (Not REXX):

WRITE MESSAGES WILL BE RECEIVED
PROFILE WTPMSG MSGID INTERCOM

>Also, while this could be a destructive test (which will make it hard to
>answer the original question), what happens if you use the same delete command
>in IDCAMS in batch?

Good catch!

Skip: Just a WAG, but check your accesses in RACF and also the FACILITY class
profile STG.<whatever> just to be sure.

> And, is this the only data set for which this happens?

If so, all of them on the same catalog?

Another question, what are you getting if you do a standard LISTC without using
a CAT(<catalog>) keyword?

Just try it. I'm sure there is something else hiding in the catalogs or
volsers...

>> IKJ56228I DATA SET SYS1.XCF.CDS03 NOT IN CATALOG OR CATALOG CAN NOT BE
>> ACCESSED

Do your command in batch as suggested and post the dynamic allocation error
code.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht