From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mainframe Mainframe
Sent: 24 June 2014 09:56
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: socket issues

 While bringing up netview address space on z/OS 2.1 system , I am getting
below issues.

BNH601I TCPSM REQUEST ON SOCKET /var/sock/SYSTCPSM.TCPIP ENDED DUE TO SOCKET
INTERFACE TERMINATION .

but this error doesn't seems to be related to Netview. BNH601I  message
description

'requestname' REQUEST ON SOCKET 'nnn' ENDED DUE TO SOCKET INTERFACE TERMINATION
Explanation:

A socket-specific, asynchronous TCP/IP request made by the socket interface
ended, because the socket interface was ended on the NetView task.
Message Variables:

requestnameThe name of the asynchronous TCP/IP request.nnnThe descriptor number
for the socket whose request ended.
System action:

Processing continues.
Operator response:

If desired, restart the socket interface.

I also checked omvs directory setup on z/OS 2.1 system and found

# pwd
/SYSTEM/var/sock
# ls
SYSTCPCN.TCPIP  SYSTCPDA.TCPIP

But I don't see this sock directory under z/OS 1.12 etc system .

any clue on this issue or we can just ignore this.