On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:21:54 -0400, John Gilmore wrote:

>Do you need a point solution, i.e., one for a particular longitude and
>latitude?  Or dxo you need a general one that is parametric in
>location?

And, likewise, does he need a solution for a particular time, or a
general one that is parametric in time.

Note that for two hours each Fall, local times are ambiguous where
Daylight saving ime is observed.

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 16:55:00 -0600, Mark Post wrote:

>> I think your solution will have to be table driven with
>> an entry for every country and for every U.S. state.

(Cartesian product with every legislative change in time zone
boundaries and Daylight Saving conventions.)

>Such a table already exists.
>http://www.iana.org/time-zones

Why does IBM for z/OS and VM refuse to embrace this solution otherwise
used by all other UNIX-like systems I know?  Perfidious NIH.

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:06:25 -0700, Hardee, Chuck wrote:

>Note, implementations using CONVTOD and TODCONV won't work for my needs.

How can you conclude that, given that IBM declines to provide adequate
documentation
for CONVTOD and STCKCONV?

-- gil