MichealButz wrote:

>I am looking for to enter a string following a keyword towards that end I use
>IKJPOSIT SPACE,VALIDCK=

Uhm, I'm not sure what you're saying? Could you be kind to post your statements?

>I am looking to enter program name which is up to a 8 byte character string

How do you enter the name? via a parm? interactively? other way?

>When I enter the string it comes back to me  IKJ56712I INVALID KEYWORD

How did it come back to you? Interactively or in a batch job? How did you
entered the string? Can you post a screen print and all and every error
messages?

>I don't understand this as there isn't keyword it's a positional operand

You are supplying way too few details in your post. Even poor Anthony Thompson
kindly tried to help, but you still need to post more details.

Tom Marchant gave you a hint in 'Re: CSVQUERY Anomaly' on 10 June 2014.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht