In
<of74e1b14a.83f8d689-on88257d07.0057ca48-88257d07.0059b...@sce.com>,
on 06/30/2014
   at 09:19 AM, Skip Robinson <jo.skip.robin...@sce.com> said:

> Rexx does not have all three types parameters,

I believe that the Rexx-callable routine that you're thinking of is
XPARSE; I don't recall the author.

>One power of TSO commands is that these keywords are managed by
>the command processor itself. Prompting to resolve ambiguity, for
>example, is handled before user code gets control.

The command processor *is* user code. It's the user code that invokes
PARSE, unlike some systems where command syntax is defined externally
to the command routine.

FWIW, a TSO command can exploit the stack in ways that a Rexx routine
cannot.