On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 13:01:46 +0200, Peter Hunkeler wrote:

>> [snip] ... but they are not an adequate substitute for more extended, proper
>> documentation that provides appropriate usage examples.
>
>Aren't the migration redbooks just one good source of information about new
>features?
>
>"z/OS Version 1 Release 10 Implementation" dedicates a complete chapter to
>64-bit common virtual storage. It has it even on the title page: "64-bit
>common".

Modern kids ....   ;)
Peter I love your insights, but this was (historically) royally fucked up.
When I started looking at (64-bit) object allocation in OS/390 2.10 there was
no doco, let alone migration assistance. The ISV monitors were scrabbling
(unsuccessfully) to catch up, and even IPCS was adrift in its mappings.
There was no Programming Extended Addressability Guide - nothing. Nor was there
any sharing of such objects. That was announced a the Share session Ed and I
mentioned.
High Common ???. Keep on dreaming.
And all this was after the 64-bit REGION=0M initial design fiasco.

Fortunately things move on.

Shane ...