Peter Hunkeler wrote:

>- I could not find what the defaults are, if no SHAREOPTIONS are specified
>with the DEFINE CLUSTER? I cannot try myself because SMS forces me to a
>dataclass that has them specified.

As documented in DFSMS Access Method Services for Catalogs:

SHAREOPTIONS(crossregion[  crosssystem]|1 3)

crossregion must be defined. crosssystem is optional. If you do not specify
SHAREOPTIONS the values are 1 and 3.

>- Similarly, what is the default if only the "cross-region" option is
>specified but not the "cross-system"?

Probably 3 if I read the manuals correctly.

My ignorance level is also about same as you, so I will leave your other
questions to other gurus.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht