We have 3270 type consoles defined on a 3174 type controller with
TYPE=CNC also. They are actually on Ficon channels which go through an
Escon converter. Anyway, that is background on our "home"
configuration. It looks similar to yours.

Our D.R. is done at Sungard, under VM. The 3270 console addresses are
defined in our guest as being 3270 SPECIAL devices. Basically that
means that they are not "hard wired" to a specific hardware device.
Instead, we go to a PC running a TN3270 emulator. It has a z/VM logon
screen up on it. We do a DIAL GUEST. This generates the 3270 virtual
device and connects it to our z/OS system. It then works as a console
with absolutely no problems.

In general it doesn't matter how you have genned your controllers
(CHPs) on your home system. When you run under z/VM, it emulates
everything just fine.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Donald J. <dona...@4email.net> wrote:
> Our z196 3174 consoles are defined on a TYPE=CNC escon chpid.  We will
> be using a zEC12
> at a DR site for testing.  Can the console virtual devices on our IODF
> TYPE=CNC chpid be attached
> to DR site VM devices on a real TYPE=FC chpid?   Will our chpid/devices
> vary online ok?
>
> --
>   Donald J.
>   dona...@4email.net
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - IMAP accessible web-mail

There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown