On Fri, 2014-07-18 at 07:38 -0500, Bill Godfrey wrote:
> The block size field is not set to the current block's length for BSAM
> READ either. For BSAM READ, the length is determined after a CHECK or
> WAIT by subtracting the residual count from the length used by READ,
> as described in Using Data Sets:
>
> http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/DGT2D4A0/3.6.7
> Subtract this residual count from the number of data bytes requested to be
> read by the READ macro.

Huh.  Have I been doing this wrong?  I've got some *old* (DSORG=PO) code
that, after READ/CHECK, follows DECB->IOB and uses the residual count at
IOBCSW+5.

(Not my invention.  I'm sure I lifted that code from someone else,
probably Dave Phillips, back in the day.)

--
David Andrews
A. Duda & Sons, Inc.