On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 12:22:30 +0800, Timothy Sipples wrote:

>I hate to disagree with Jim Mulder. :-) But I'm going to disagree with his
>absolute "No." Specifically and as an example, Java on z/OS does some
>interesting things with shared memory that, in my view, fit the question as
>stated.

I'll have tuppence on Jim.
Dynamic memory de-dup ain't happening in this space - everyone does shared in
some form.
Linux has KSM but relies on the requestor to have the intelligence to indicate
that the memory requested is a candidate for merging.
Haven't seen too much indication devs have that amount of nous - in any
environment.

Shane ...