From:   Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU,
Date:   07/25/2014 06:18 AM
Subject:        Find member in Linklist through JCL?
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

CSVQUERY is mentioned. That is not the answer. It will tell you if
something is in LPA. It will give you information about something in the
job pack area. It will not tell you if something is in the LNKLST. And of
course it will not tell you in which data set.

If willing to write a program, BLDL seems to me to be the way to go. Use
the DCB pointed to by CVTLINK. The output from BLDL indicates the
concatenation number (i.e. which data set within the LNKLST), but then
perhaps we're stuck if unauthorized because getting the data set by data
set definition of the LNKLST requires some sort of authorization (whether
using D PROG,LNKLST or the CSVDYNL programming interface which can be
authorized by state, key, or security product profile).

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design