Hi Elardus,

There is a dataset which get updated every hour in our production system,
actually i need to ftp that particular dataset every one hour.

For now i'm submitting the job manually by changing the date and time for
every one hour.

I'm not clearly aware of wildcard datasets that can be given as a input DSN
in JCL.

Input dataset name is same, but I need to get output using wildcard in JCL
with different time on hourly basis.

for example, in ftp sysin----> *//PUT 'default_file_name' date_time.txt*

date_time.txt should be like 140727_0900.txt @ 09:00 AM

If possible kindly let me know wildcard details for REXX program, this may
be useful for me in future.

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 8:11 PM, Elardus Engelbrecht <
elardus.engelbre...@sita.co.za> wrote:

> Rajesh Janakiraman wrote:
>
> >If you have any idea about using wildcard characters in JCL, kindly let
> me know.
>
> What wildcards? Please give examples. Lizette Koehler also asked for
> examples/samples.
>
> >I need to get an extract file for every one hour and I need to add the
> job in OPCA, so that by using wildcard characters for every one hour the
> extract may get genrated automatically.
>
> Just what wildcards for hourly works? Your request is too wide for us to
> interpret. is it Dataset names, input in source DD? etc?
>
> >Please let me kow the detailed explanation i.e. wildcard characters that
> is found in JCL to describe a dataset.
>
> You cannot use wildcards in a JCL for dataset, only symbols which can be
> substituted by SET statements or z/OS symbols.
>
> Only possible wildcards for datasets are in RACF profiles or DFDSS
> statements or such and then only in SYSIN or such DD statements.
>
> You can always use Automation package or write out a
> REXX/Assembler/COBOl/etc program to expand wildcards to fully expanded
> datasets.
>
> Groete / greetings
> Elardus Engelbrecht

Regards,