From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Elardus Engelbrecht
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:40 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: TSO EDIT COMMAND - BOUNDS

WARNING: serious topic drift...

Barry Merrill wrote:

>>Well, line-mode worked a whole lot better than full-screen on my 300 baud
>>Texas Instruments 700 back in 1976.

>It was also fascinating to print a SAS/GRAPH at 300 baud!

Hmmm. Interesting. How long (minutes) did, with that linespeed, it took to
print a graph (vector line or character) on an A4 page where black/colored part
is covering about 30% of page or less?

I remembered the good old days when I used a plotter to print out stats for my
management. Sometimes some of the expensive color pens which were not used
often had to be thrown away because the ink just crystallize and nothing (even
after shaking or heating) will make the ink flow again...

If the vector plotting is successfull (no smudge or dripping pens), my wait of
about 2 or more minutes were over for EACH page...

Lesson learnt: verify the pens are working BEFORE starting printing monthly
graphs for management... ;-)

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht (ex-plotter! :-D )