If the dataset is not allocated in your JCL, then yes, you must allocate it and
you will need to use the DALRTDDN to have the SVC 99 processor return to your
program the DDName it generated and then you will need to supply that DDName in
the list of DDNames you want to concatenate.

Alternatively, you can allocate it and supply your own DDName in which case you
would use that DDName in the concatenation list.

As to the concatenation of anything using involving ISPLLIB, TASKLIB or
STEPLIB, I have never attempted anything with them so I can't answer your
question. I would, however, suggest you find a copy of the MVS Authorized
Assembler Services Guide, and read Chapter 26. Requesting dynamic allocation
functions. There is a discussion of what happens during dynamic concatenation
and its effects on allocations involving DDs that were preexisting versus
dynamically created, etc.

Whether it will be a problem or not for you I can't say, but play around with
ISPLLIB, TASKLIB and/or STEPLIB very cautiously. Especially if you are going to
de-concatenate something you have concatenated yourself.

Chuck

Charles (Chuck) Hardee
Senior Systems Engineer/Database Administration
CCG Information Technology
Thermo Fisher Scientific
300 Industry Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275