This calls GLDSRCH and I get a return code of 1

LDAPREX2 'IBMUSER'
    3 *-* call LDAPSRCH '-h 127.0.0.1 ' '-p 389 ' '-s base '
      >L>   "-h 127.0.0.1 "
      >L>   "-p 389 "
      >O>   "-h 127.0.0.1  -p 389 "
      >L>   "-s base "
      >O>   "-h 127.0.0.1  -p 389  -s base "
   14 *-* parse arg parms
      >>>   "-h 127.0.0.1  -p 389  -s base "
   16 *-* "GLDSRCH "parms
      >L>   "GLDSRCH "
      >V>   "-h 127.0.0.1  -p 389  -s base "
      >O>   "GLDSRCH -h 127.0.0.1  -p 389  -s base "
      +++ RC(1) +++
   18 *-* exit rc
      >V>   "1"
      >>>   "1"
    4 *-* exit

//SYSOUT

usage: GLDSRCH [options] filter [attributes...]
where:
    filter        RFC-4515 compliant LDAP search filter
    attributes    whitespace-separated list of attributes to retrieve
        (if no attribute list is given, all are retrieved)
    -?            print this text
    -a deref      one of never, always, search, or find (alias dereferencing)
    -A            retrieve attribute names only (no values)
    -b baseDN     base DN for search. LDAP_BASEDN in environment is default
    -B            do not suppress printing of non-printable values (printed in w
    -C            do not suppress printing of printable non-ascii values (printe
    -d debugLevel level of debug messages to be created
    -D bindDN     bind DN
    -f file       perform sequence of searches listed in 'file' ('-' implies sta
    -F sep        print `sep' instead of `=' between attribute names and values
    -g realmName  Mandatory Authentication realm

Tim