From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Staller, Allan
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 16:54
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Mass updates to the WLM policy.

IMO, no massive changes should *EVER* be added to a WLM Service Definition.
 *BEWARE* the law of unintended consequences.

It is not a matter of the doing (via any method), it is a matter of the impact.

Just my $0.02 USD worth.

<snip>
It has been asked before: is it possible to do mass updates to the WLM policy
easily, e.g. add 200 Scheduling Enviroments to it, in batch or so? Apart from
the replies, that the OP should not want to do what he wants to do, the general
answer was NO.

Is this still so?
The z/OS MF interface seems to work the same way as the TSO interface: on
update at a time.
Has anyone found out the layout of the WLM policy PDS and a way or tool to
manipulate (unload, update, reload) it in order to insert mass updates there?
</snip>

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286