I just posted this to the SHARE requirements discussion database for the requirement on extended statistics design. As a quick recap, the current design is flawed because a user has to enter the STATS EXT command for each member in order to get extended statistics.

After SHARE in Pittsburgh, the following design was agreed upon. The STATS EXT command is unnecessary and should be deleted. If the installation specified extended stats, then ISPF should automatically determine if extended stats are needed and create them when necessary. If the installation said no extended stats, then that's that. The user SHOULD NOT have control over extended statistics. The highlighting on a member with extended statistics will remain. This design addresses all known concerns; forcing the user to specify STATS EXT to get extended statistics, wasting directory space on members that don't need extended stats, putting the installation in control of extended stats (not allowing the user to turn them off if the installation turned them on). If you have any issues with this design, please let us know.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this design.

Regards,
Tom Conley