From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2014 9:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: PLPA enty

I assume that you have IPL'd after changing PARMLIB. Did you review the IPL
messages? If IPL/NIP has some problem with your data set, it will just issue a
message and continue on. Some of the problems that I know off, off-hard are:

(1) data set is not catalogued in the MASTER catalog _and_ the volser is not
specified in the LPALSTxx member either. I.e. it is cataloged in a USER catalog
pointed to by an ALIAS.

(2) The DSN is not on the catalogued volume, if using the MASTER catalog;

(3) the DSN's volser is specified in the LPALSTxx member, but the DSN isn't on
the volume specified;

(4) the DSN isn't a PDS. I.e. it is a PDSE or "something else" (sequential,
BDAM, VSAM). OK, those last are unlikely! <grin/>

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 8:06 PM, MichealButz <michealb...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I put my loadlib library in LPALSTXX or specifically 01 that is what
> is pointed to by LPA member on the active IEASYS
>
> When I use TASID to look at LPA libs I see all of them except the one
> I added
>
> Am I missing something
>

> Thanks

There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown