On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:39:11 +0200 Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

:>I have a callable (non-PC; just basic CALL) that requires APF authorization
:>by the caller. It partially operates in Key 0 Supervisor State, but I want
:>to allow  callers the flexibility to enter in any key and either state.

:>I know how to get to and from Supervisor State with MODESET (SVC form). I'm
:>familiar with MODESET (SVC form) and have used it a fair amount in the past.

:>I can then use IPK and SPKA to save and restore the caller's key, and to get
:>to Key 0.

:>But what would be the best way to determine whether the caller had entered
:>in Supervisor State so I could return to the caller in his original mode
:>(and also avoid the overhead of MODESET)? Some sort of "store PSW"
:>instruction so I could TM on bit 15?

Look at the EPSW instruction.

http://www.dissensoftware.com