Pommier, Rex wrote:

>I've been meandering through the archives and saw several threads regarding
>documentation changes that IBM has been implementing, with knowledge centers
>et al.

There are lots of threads about 'LookAt' which has been sunsetted too. Search
the archives for 'LookAt'. You will get many hits which confirm what you found.

>So my question is a rather basic one.  We just upgraded to 1.13 a couple
>months ago.  Do the documentation DVDs no longer exist even in softcopy form?

Seemed so, unless I'm mistaken. My last DVD was for z/OS v1.12 which I uploaded
to a PC to be shared via webpage and also to my Bookmanager.

>On my old 1.11 system I was able to download and install a DVD image and have
>the documentation library locally on my PC.  If I want to have a similar
>functionality with my 1.13 documentation do I need to download each manual I
>want individually and build my own library?  I spent a couple hours yesterday
>on IBM's web site(s) and it appears that this is my only option.

I also came to that conclusion and already warned my colleagues and users to
begin using IBM Library Server. So no Bookie or my own webpage with PDFs in the
future. And no fast lookup on SYSLOG to messages.

I did not bother to tell them about LookAt. Simply because it is 'sunsetted'.
There is a post in IBM-MAIN about replacing Lookat with something 'better'.
Well, I'm still waiting for the promise to be fullfilled.

>Could somebody please confirm whether this is correct or if there is someplace
>where I could do a mass download of books please point me to it.

I would also like to know, so I can use/review my dusty/rusty SoftCopy
Librarian.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht