Thanks For your help I did confirm that my recovery routine  was entered I
have to find out was I the SDUMP wasn't generated

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Jon Perryman
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 5:13 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Recovery routines

Supervisor state, AR mode and key 0 don't affect execution of an ESTAE. If
as you say (ESTAE is set and you BALR to another routine), then your ESTAE
will be called. Either you are not telling us everything we need to know or
you are telling us something that is wrong. This is why we the source would
be extremely helpful because we are just guessing.

If you are telling us everything, then the only possibility is that your
ESTAE routine is also abending with a S0C4. Did you analyze the dump? Try
changing your ESTAE program so that DC X'FFFF' ABEND is the first statement.
This will cause a S0C1 to be displayed if your ESTAE get's control. Your
ESTAE may be running in the wrong key to analyze the abend.

Jon Perryman

On Friday, August 29, 2014 8:19 AM, MichealButz <michealb...@comcast.net>