Paul Gilmartin wrote:

>When I post via the Web interface, is it possible to see what I'm composing in
>a monospaced font, the better to preview code excerpts, and to avoid the wrap
>at ...

Even with 'Show Advanced', it seemed it is not possible. I did not have time to
change my browser's default font / code page settings... Perhaps later.

What I'm now seeing while editing in a web interface:

MMM
iii

Above is three letters 'M' in uppercase followed by next line of lower case
iii. By EYEBALL, I can see those 3 'i' just fit nicely under a 'M'. Copy and
paste those 6 letters to monospaced editor (NotePad or ISPF) and you will see
all arranged so that last 'i' is below 'M'.

Usually what I do, I use my e-mail client, NotePad, ISPF edit to compose
something with monospaced font.

Copy/Paste and review. Then post it under web interface.

Another way of handling those wraps is, I simply press <ENTER> when starting a
paragraph and continue typing. When finished with the last character of a
paragraph, then only then I enter <ENTER>.

In this way, my text flow is hopefully neat and readable. Some posters simply
enter <ENTER> after a few words and continue the next line, but their editors
automatically make the first characters UPPERCASE on all those lines.

Each to his own...

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

(Above was typed on IBM-MAIN web interface using Internet Exploder 10)

Friday Joke:

The old uncle and his wife are sitting outside and relaxing drinking some
coffee.

Uncle's cellphone makes a BRRRRRRRRRR noise and he looks at it.

'Damn! It is that old b*tch Betty Louw again! I don't know her!' he complains
to his wife.

Later his cell again make a BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

'Again that old Betty Louw!'

His wife says 'give me the phone, let me have a look.'

After looking at it, she screamed at him: 'You stupid *sshole! It is 'Battery
Low!'.