As my culture hero Justice Holmes noted long ago, it is important to
think things and not just words.

I am aware that the keyword-argument value TRUNC (OPT) has been
available for some time.  The code generated by the new compiler when
it is specified is, however, significantly different from and very
much better than it has been, so much better that I think of it as an
essentially new facility, one that makes straightforward C- or
PL/I-like -binary-integer arithmetic available, for the first time, in
COBOL.

Those who have ignored or rejected it in the past should, I believe,
rethink their decisions to do so.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA