Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Bob Rutledge
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 3:29 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Any standard IBM tool to set ISPF statistics in a batch step?

Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:

Another sad fact is that when the z/OS FTP server does set the ISPF statistics, it seems to use a simple-minded STCK + STCKCONV algorithm, since in my tests the date and time are set to UTC instead of setting them to the local time using the CVT time zone values. It makes the ISPFSTATS option a lot less > useful, IMHO. There ought to exist another SITE option to change that behavior when the receiving z/OS system is known a priori to be using UTC time in the hardware clock. I would suggest ISPFSTATS[=UTC|LOCAL] if I could, where "LOCAL" means use the CVT values to adjust the STCK time before > > > STCKCONV.

You need to inform it about the local time offset with the TZ environment variable. For example, ENVAR=(('TZ=EST5EDT'),OVR), in SYS1.PARMLIB(CEEOPTxx).

And if I was a sysprog I might do that, but I am not so I cannot.

I _am_ a sysprog and if a developer were to ask me to make such a change in order to correct ISPF library statistics over FTPs, I would make it happen. As a follower of this list, I might even remember that the change could make other system software happier.

Bob