Apologies to the OP, I know we are drifting from your MCAT story, but ... ;-)

Radoslaw Skorupka wrote:

>I'm not sure about MCAT, but RACF db *can* bo on SMS volume, because it need
>*not* to be PSU. It can be PS. What cannot be done is move RACF db during
>system operations. The simplest method is to use ...PSU on non-SMS volume, but
>it is possible to place RACFdb on SMS volume and exclude it from defrag
>actions.

Indeed. In 'Security Server RACF System Programmer's Guide' it is stated:
"Guideline: Make a RACF database unmovable."

But, who is following *guideline* anyways these days? And who is going to
exclude it from DFDSS defrag actions?

;-D

>Of cours, according to KISS (Keep It Simple) it's quite good idea to use PSU.
>;-)

Agreed!

I'll hide under my rock for now...

Groete / Greetings