There are alternatives to OGL and PPFA, though not on z/OS. There are
Windows-based visual tools for creating PAGEDEFs, FORMDEFs, Overlays and fonts
from Elixir
(http://rpp.ricoh-usa.com/products/software/composition/elixir-designpro-tools)
and ISIS (http://www.isis-papyrus.com/).

There are other print servers available for z/OS, though few able to support
high-speed printing and the entire range of print devices and new function as
PSF does.

I know of no alternative to ACIF (bias warning: I am an original designer for
ACIF). ACIF is available on other platforms, but only as a component of a print
server system.

What is your objective in looking for alternatives?

Howard Turetzky
Advanced Technical Support,
Ricoh Production Print Solutions